Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And So It Begins!

We left home at about 10:00 a.m. and after only one trip back home to retrieve forgotten items, we managed to get on the road. Here we are in the van:






Along the way, we saw a lot of this kind of scenery:


We stopped halfway to see this monument - can you guess where we were?


Maybe this will help:


Right! The St. Louis Arch!




Here are the kids in front of the arch:


A very nice man with a much nicer camera than mine offered to take our picture together. Considering the Canon 5D with the ultra fancy lens he had hanging around his neck, I had no fear that he'd run off with mine. Plus, he was an old man and I think I could have taken him down if necessary (ha ha!)

3 comments:

  1. Way to go on your adventure. Have a great time. Brian and I leave tomorrow for Seattle, to begin ours. I will be blogging it (for Jacob) on my blog. www.sherisscribbles.blogspot.com
    I will check in on your trip as I can.
    Sheri in CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, Jen!!! Sounds like you've had a perfect start to your trip. Can't wait to read more as you travel along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo!!! I'm so excited to read about your adventures. I love Becky's face in the van: "There's Mom's camera again!"

    ReplyDelete