Wednesday, January 19, 2011

How to Get Compliments on Your Hair

I have the kinkiest, curliest hair of anyone I know. It's always been really hard to manage and to be honest, it hardly ever looks nice. It's ok - I know this about myself and it's something I have come to terms with. My hair is never going to look like those women on the shampoo commercials, you know? It doesn't swing around when I turn my head and it doesn't cascade down when you lift it up and let it fall.

Anyway, yesterday I got TWO compliments during the day about my hair. Very unusual! So I had to think back and see what I had done that was different. I should sell this information for one *billion* dollars, but you guys are my friends so I will tell you the secret for free.
  • While in the shower, realize that you are almost out of shampoo. Open the bottle, add a little water to the half-teaspoon of shampoo that is in there, swirl it around, and pour it onto your head. It's not enough to lather much, but it's shampoo so your hair is clean, right?
  • Get out of the shower, dry off, get dressed, and then get distracted before you even get a comb through it.
  • Twenty minutes before you are supposed to be somewhere that is fifteen minutes away, run some leave-in conditioner through your hair, add a little water, and hope for the best.
  • Have the best hair day of your life; enjoy the compliments!
I really don't get it, LOL. I didn't think it looked all that special but apparently I was having a good hair day for a change. I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment