Thursday, January 20, 2011

Me and You Day

Yay, it's Me and Matthew Day!

With the new semester, we are lucky enough to have two Me and You Days every week - Tuesday and Thursday. Mondays are reserved for Daddy while I'm at school, and he has half-day preschool on Wednesdays and a full day on Fridays. I like Fridays at this school because there are a lot fewer kids enrolled that day so he gets a lot of quality time.

So far today we have played Sorry Spin and Sorry Sliders. We had a candy cane (well, he had a candy cane - I pocketed mine 'for later.') We went to a grocery store that we don't usually go to since I found a gift card that had a remaining balance. I don't know if they're having a sale or something, but I found great prices in their meat section so I stocked up on some stuff to make this week. I also ran across a huge box of Cheerios that was half price just because the box was torn up. The inner bag was completely fine and sealed. Now, we're watching Blue's Clues on Netflix; soon we'll have lunch.

I know it probably sounds boring to some people, but we just love these days that are so laid back. After lunch, he'll play quietly by himself and I'll get some homework done. Since he's our last baby, I know all too well that before I know it, he'll be in school all day and it will be a lot harder to find time to do these little things together. I'm treasuring this time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment